ART BTEC Header

ART BTEC Header

Thursday 3 November 2011

A-Z of Me, Ivan here ...


A – Ambition:
To stay happy and healthy, and do more good than harm in the world.
Saintly intentions.


B – Bravest thing I’ve done:
Proposing marriage scared me witless, fortunately she said YES!
The response I wanted, phew!


C – Chore I hate:
Cleaning up the studio when it is left in a horrible state by students.
So much better when you clean up your own mess :) 


D – Dream I remember:
Levitating in a grand high ceilinged house applauded by a gathering of top hatted Victorian gentlemen.
The nearest I could find!


E – Essential start to the day:
Brushing teeth (I am slightly obsessive about this, into my fourth decade with no fillings, so something is working).
Even Muppets know it's a good idea!


F – Fear of…
Confined spaces, I could never go pot-holing, if I can’t turn round in a space it freaks me out.
Please don't make me go in there.


G – Geographical location that is important to me
Beautiful wild places inspire me, I feel alive in the mountains, but I have a special affinity for the rugged coastline at the end of the Beara peninsular in County Cork (South West Ireland).
Been visiting here since I was a child.


H – Home:
West Worldham, a country cottage, far from the madding crowd.



I – Idol:
Muhammad Ali – A guy who stood up for what he believed in and overcame the odds.
Respect.


J – Journey – my best ever:
18 days walking the Annapurna circuit with my Dad in Nepal – along the world’s deepest valley surrounded by spectacular Himalayan peaks.
The Kali Gandaki valley.

K – Kick ass music track:
I suspect most of my favourite music doesn’t really fit the “Kick Ass” criteria, but I do have a soft spot for “Empire State of Mind” by Jay Z (featuring Alicia Keys) does that count? New York is kinda special as I got together with my wife there.



L – Long for:
A glass of wine after a hard day.
A necessary poison!


M – Movie:
Depends on my mood, if I’m feeling Arty then Andrei Tarkovsky’s “Mirror” is hauntingly beautiful. For the less high brow moments I love a bit of Star Wars (the original is best).
Levitation dream sequence from Mirror- - perhaps that's why I love it.


N – Nickname:
The Ivanator! Given to me by a former student Ming (the Merciless).
Don't make me mad!


O – Outrageous behaviour:
In an attempt to prove they were fakes I (along with three friends) created a 21 metre wide crop circle that succeeded in fooling the “experts” and featured as a double page colour spread in “Crop Circles – Conclusive Evidence?”
Fame at last.


P – Pets:
2 Cats, 2 Fish (hopefully not inside the cats).
My furry friends, Scratch and Sniff.


Q – Quote from a movie:
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." Yoda to Luke in the Empire Strikes Back, a fine principle to live your life by!
Wise guy.


R – Recreational activity:
Rock Climbing – some might accuse me of a slight obsession. I love the pure focus on the present that you have to engage in when you are in a precarious position half way up a cliff.
Deep water soloing at Swanage, October 2011


S – Siblings?
One sister and two step sisters, 4, 6 & 8 years younger than me. 
Annie
Sarah
Emma


T – Television:
I try to avoid TV, but am partial to a fix of Spooks.



U – Undercover – what you didn’t know about me:
Gayle and I are just starting on a long journey towards adopting a child from an Orphanage in Ethiopia.
One day...


V – Va va voom – who gets my engine running:
Well, my wife of course. My celeb crush is Freida Pinto. 
Look familiar?
Are you lonesome tonight?

W – What makes me stop and stare:
The Rothko room in Tate Modern
Time out.

X –What makes you X (cross):
Noisy, messy eaters drive me nuts.
Control yourself man!


Y – Yummy, what I like to eat the most:
Fresh King Scallops seared in butter with a little garlic and a squeeze of lemon, the food of the Gods.
mmmm...

Z – zzzzzzz, what makes me sleep:
Paperwork
Remind me why I became a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment