· PRODUCE A TEST STRIP AND DESCRIBE HOW YOU HAVE PRODUCED THIS. WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU DO?
· PRODUCE AT LEAST 12 HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND EXCITING IMAGES THAT SHOW TRANSLATIONS OF SOME OF YOUR IMAGES FROM YOUR DRAWING, PHOTOGRAPHS AND FOUND OBJECTS YOU HAVE ALREADY PRODUCED FOR THE FIRST PART OF THIS PROJECT.
· USE AT LEAST 3 SETS OF EXPERIMENTAL PIECES OF TEXT WITHIN YOUR IMAGES.
· EXPERIMENT USING MAGAZINES AND NEWSPAPERS TO GENERATE INTERESTING EFFECTS
· LAYER UP ACETATES TO MAKE EXPRESSIVE IDEAS AND THEN TRANSLATE THESE INTO EXPERIMENTAL PHOTOGRAMS.
· SPRINKLE WATER ON YOUR PAPER BEFORE YOU EXPOSE IMAGES
· WRITE 500 WORDS ON WHAT PROCESS YOU HAVE LEARNT THIS WEEK AND THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED AND HOW YOU HAVE OVERCOME THIS?
· EXPLAIN HOW YOU HAVE ACHIEVED THESE EFFECTS, WHAT DID YOU DO TO EXPERIMENT WHICH WAYS OF WORKING WERE MOST EFFECTIVE AND WHY?
· LOOK AT ONE OF THE PHOTOGRAM ARTISTS ON THE HANDOUT AND DOCUMENT IDEAS ABOUT THEIR WORK. ANNOTATE WHY YOU LIKE THIS WORK AND WHAT IT IS WITHIN THEIR PROCESS THAT IS INTERESTING AND EFFECTIVE?
· CATCH UP ON ANY WORK YOU ARE BEHIND WITH. THIS SHOULD BE ALL COMPLETED FOR FRIDAY 16TH JUNE WHEN THE PROGRESSION WRITTEN WORK IS DUE IN.
WE START THE DESIGN DIARY ON FRIDAY SO VERY IMPORTANT WRITTEN WORK IS COMPLETE
CHECKLIST SO FAR. YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING:
Mind mapping and visual mood boards for at least 2 life cycles .
• Further more specific brainstorming developing a theme/concept within your chosen Lifecycle. 6 Pages in all.
• 2 Storyboards with plans for photoshoot, annotated to make clear what your intentions are with regards to location, models, props, make-up, costume, lighting, camera angle, depth of field etc.
Analyse the work of 4 location photographers who use location in their work. 350 words each photographer
• A Historical – Robert Doisneau documentary photographer https://www.photographersgallery.com/by_artist.asp?id=201
• Contemporary photojournalist – Martin Parr http://www.martinparr.com/:
• Fashion photographer Emma Summerton http://www.emmasummerton.com/
• Travel photographer Steve McCurry http://stevemccurry.com/
· A sustained piece of drawing from observation of objects/objects associated with your Life Cycle.
· Two photoshoots on location using good camera angle, showing effort in utilising relevant environment , light, props if necessary, styling and committed models.
· Wallet images of your best shots showing unedited images and then a few larger prints (A4) of edited ones that are the most effective.Annotations in your sketchbooks next to you images regarding :
· Character or message your photos convey
· How the location is relevant to this idea, and has improved or been important to this shoot.
· Depth of field
· Framing and Subject placement- how have you placed your subjects with reference to the light source and location?
· Lighting- spot lamp, soft, torch, natural,
· Technical details like – SLR use, lens size ISO macro lens, flash, wide angled panoramic etc. Even if you shot these on your phone you can find out some of these details. If you have edited any of these on apps or photoshop then please discuss what tools, adjustments you have used.• A Series of sustained drawing using images from your photoshoots.
· 2 good monoprints.
· 2 gold cards with prints included on a variety of papers/surfaces.
· 2 sustained and varied carbon prints
A series of experimental hand rendered typography using 2 phrases:
· Stencil and spray.
· Stick and ink.
· Punch letters into a variety of papers.
· Coloured inks and bleach.
· Glue gun on metal.
· Letterpress and other stamps.
· Photographs of letterpress.
· Found objects at home spelling words.
· Combinations of the above with inverts.